The Achievements of the Official Visit of Chinese Foreign Minister to the Kingdom
State Councilor and Foreign Minister of the People’s Republic of China Wang Yi made an official visit to the Kingdom of Cambodia from 12 to 13 September 2021. During his presence, he paid a courtesy call on Prime Minister Hun Sen, and also had a working breakfast with Deputy Prime Minister Hor Namhong.
He also had a meeting with Deputy Prime Minister Prak Sokhonn to discuss various aspects of bilateral cooperation including the combat against COVID-19, trade and investment, education, security and national defense.
In addition, the government of China committed to import more Cambodia’s agricultural products to the Chinese market, and in term of public health security, Chinese government also pledged to provide 3 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines for the booster shot to Cambodian people.
Moreover, Cambodia and China committed to strengthen bilateral friendships to a much higher level.
During the handover ceremony of Morodok Techo National Stadium, Samdech Techo Hun Sen mentioned that Morodok Techo National Stadium is a new triumph resulting from the iron-clad friendship between both countries.
At the end of the day, the signature between Cambodia’s and China’s sides took place during the meeting at the Peace Palace in Phnom Penh. The six cooperation documents were signed, including:
- The Handover Certificate of Humanitarian Demining Materials to the Cambodian Mine Action and Victim Assistance Authority
- The Cooperation Agreement on Hospitals Counterpart Support between the National Health Commission of China and the Ministry of Health of Cambodia
- The Handover Certificate of anti-pandemic supplies between the Government of the People’s Republic of China and the Government of the Kingdom of Cambodia
- The Agreement on Economic and Technical Cooperation between the Government of the People’s Republic of China and the Government of the Kingdom of Cambodia
- The Handover Certificate of China-aided Cambodia landmine clearance project
- The Agreement on the Cooperation Projects of the Mekong-Lancang Cooperation Special Fund
Last but not least, the official visit of Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi to the Kingdom has successfully and fruitfully ended and further strengthen bilateral ties between the governments of the two countries.